Admissions F.A.Q.

How do I fill out an application for George Mason University | Korea?

Click on the “APPLY NOW” link and then choose “Apply for Mason Korea Campus.” In the next screen you will create a User Name and Password and log into the undergraduate application form. In the “Application Plan/Degree Objective” section of the application form, you will apply as a “freshman,” select your level of education, and then chose “Fall 2015 Korea Campus” as the term that you are applying for.

Is the SAT or ACT exam required for admission to George Mason University | Korea?

No. All international students, including those applying to George Mason University | Korea, with a competitive high school curriculum and grade point average (as determined by the George Mason University Admissions Office) can be considered for admission without SAT or ACT scores.

Click here for SAT Registration Information – U.S.

Click here for ACT Registration Information – U.S.

Do I have to take the TOEFL?

If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate English language proficiency. To do so an applicant may present a satisfactory TOEFL, IELTS, SAT critical reading score or ACT reading score.

Click here for TOEFL Testing Locations & Dates (Korea).

Click here for IELTS Testing Locations & Dates.

What is an “Official” transcript?

Official transcripts come directly from your secondary school or home institution in an official sealed envelope with a stamp or signature from the appropriate administrative offices. Photocopies, scans, and faxed documents are NOT official.

Why do I have to provide financial documentation if I am not a U.S. citizen?

Completion of your degree program at Mason Korea requires that you spend your third year of studies at the George Mason University campus in Fairfax, Virginia, in the United States. All non-U.S. citizens must apply for a student visa in order to enter the United States for this year of study. Financial verification is required in order to ensure that you have sufficient funding to receive your student visa and complete your bachelor’s degree by spending the third year in the United States.

Where do I send my application documents?

All supplemental documents should be sent to the Office of Admissions at George Mason University’s campus in Fairfax, Virginia. The address is:

George Mason University
Office of Admissions, MSN 3A4
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030

Tel. +1 703 – 993 – 2400
Fax. +1 703 – 993 – 4622

What is a G number?

It is an 8 digit number which starts with G (G12345678). Once you have completed your application and paid the application fee, you will receive your individual G number via email from Fairfax Admissions Office in 48 hours. This G number will become your student number once you become a George Mason Student. If you do not receive this G number in 48 hours, there may be an error in your application, so please contact the Admissions and Enrollment Office at MK.

Do I need a Visa to attend Mason Korea? If so, what do I have to do?

For more details please click here.

Am I eligible for U.S. Financial Aid?

For more details please click here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.