Administrative Specialist, George Mason University Korea
Under the general supervision of the Manager of President’s Office, this position will ensure that the daily administrative and business operations run smoothly and effectively. The primary responsibility for this position is to manage daily administrative and operational duties in the President’s office, to administer and manage office supplies and school owned properties, and also to provide assistance to faculty & staff. This position shall provide excellent service to all internal and external partners including staff, faculty, and students.
The specific duties of Administrative Specialist shall include:
- Function as a receptionist for the President’s Office by professionally answering telephones and greeting visitors.
- Upkeep of the President’s Office.
- Assist Manager of the President’s Office and support general administrative activities as needed.
- Prepare monthly payments; related to purchase of supply/inventory and the Office of the President.
- Manage purchasing, supply and inventory processes for office supplies and look for ways to minimize costs.
- Manage GMU Korea owned property including van operation, official seals, keys and so on.
- Draft official documents and maintain filing systems for official documents, data, and confidential information.
- Function as GMU Korea’s mailing center including distribution of university incoming mail and oversight of university’s outgoing mail.
- Work with Human Resources to maintain and distribute up-to-date faculty/staff directory.
- Order and manage ID and business cards for new faculty and staff.
- Reserve guest house trough IGC foundation for GMU Korea guests & visitors and provide appropriate services as required.
- Arrange and guide campus and local tours as needed.
- Develop and maintain GMU Korea Alumni Association database and coordinate activities related to the Alumni Association.
- Manage gift policy and procedures including purchasing, selecting, inventorying, and maintaining the gift log.
- Facilitate or forward inquiries from parents, students, staff, faculty, and the public to the appropriate parties for a timely response.
- Provide any necessary administrative support for faculty and staff.
- Support GMU Korea events in collaboration with other departments.
- Announce Korean National Holidays or school recess through Outlook calendar to faculty and staff.
- Assist CFO & Controller in scheduling appointments, preparing travel reimbursements, and other administrative requirements upon request.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Should demonstrate knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the areas of job responsibility.
- Must be fluent in both Korean and English in oral and written communications.
- Korean Driver’s License required.
- Should be flexible in working hours.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite especially Word and Excel.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
- 1– 3 year of experience in the field or in a related area is preferred.
- Submit applications to: GMUKHR@gmu.edu with:
- Cover letter
- Three references with contact information. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants.)
- All application materials should be submitted in English
- Review process will begin immediately. For best consideration, application materials should be received by Oct 13, 2017.
About George Mason University
George Mason University Korea (GMU Korea) is an extended campus of George Mason University, which has three campuses in the United States. GMU Korea is located on the Incheon Global Campus (IGC) in Songdo, South Korea. It began its operation in March 2014 and has quadrupled its enrollment since that date. GMU Korea students receive the same George Mason University degree as the students in the United States and spend one year on the U.S. campus near Washington DC. Faculty come from the US campus or other countries to teach the students at GMU Korea. Current degrees offered include accounting, finance, management, economics, global affairs and conflict analysis and resolution – all ranked in the top 100 in the world.