Click the button below to begin or complete your Online Application.



Click the link below to download Application Tips.

한국어- 온라인 지원서 작성 팁 (신입생)

한국어- 온라인 지원서 작성 팁 (편입생)

English- Online Application Tip (Freshman)

English- Online Application Tip (Transfer)


Admissions – General


1. How do I apply?

George Mason University (GMU) Korea uses Mason’s Exclusive Online Application, and not the Common Application. Students who are interested in GMU Korea must complete and submit their application form using Mason’s Exclusive Online Application. Additionally, applicants must send original, official school transcripts including their dates of graduation to either the Korea or U.S. main campus. Demonstration of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, or SAT scores for non-native English speakers) is also required for admission.


2. How do I fill out an application for GMU Korea Campus?

Click on the “APPLY NOW” link and then choose “Apply for GMU Korea Campus.” In the next screen you should create a User Name and Password and log into the undergraduate application form. In the “Application Plan/Degree Objective” section of the application form, you should apply as a “freshman” or, if you have previously enrolled at another university as “transfer.” Then, select your level of education, and chose the term for which you are applying.


3. When can I apply

The application for Spring entry (semester beginning in March) opens the preceding August. Applications for Fall entry (semester beginning in September) open the preceding October.


4. When and how can I learn the admissions result?

The GMU Office of Admissions send emails to students regarding admissions results. Following the submission and subsequent processing time of all application-related documents, it takes approximately two weeks to learn your admissions decision.


5. Do I have to provide financial documentation if I am not a U.S. citizen?

Although you do not have to provide financial documentation at the time of your application to GMU Korea, completion of your degree program will include two semesters of study at the George Mason University campus in Fairfax, Virginia, in the United States. All non-U.S. citizens must apply for a student visa in order to enter the United States for this year of study. At that time, financial verification will be required to receive your student visa for entry into the United States.


6. What is a G number?

It is an eight digit number which starts with G (G12345678). Once you have completed your application and paid the application fee, you will receive your individual G number via email from the GMU admissions office in 48 hours. This G number will become your student number once you become a GMU Korea student. If you do not receive this G number in 48 hours, please contact the GMU Korea Office of Admissions and Enrollment.


7. I’m not a Korean national. Do I need a Visa to attend GMU Korea? If so, what do I have to do?

Yes. For more details please click here.


8. Can I receive credit from an AP, IB, or A-Level exam?

1) Click here to check the transfer credit by exam policies. It outlines the subjects and exams that are eligible and the necessary grades or scores.

2) We must have the official AP exam results from College Board, the official International Baccalaureate (IB) exam certificate, or A-Level exam certificate from Edexcel or Cambridge International Examinations. Credit is not awarded for AS Level exams. We do not award credit from scores listed on high school transcripts.


9. I am applying as a transfer student. Is it possible to find out what credits can be transferred?

After you enroll, the official transfer credit determinations are made and at that time you can view through Patriot Web what credits were transferred. While each student’s case is different, there are resources that may help you get a general insight on the process of transfer credits beforehand. Click Transfer Credit Matrix for more information. Also check Transfer Credit Policy for “Criteria for Assessing Transfer Credits”.

Please also refer to our transfer credit guidelines that follow:


1) Only coursework with grades of C or higher are eligible for transfer credit review.

2) Only mathematics courses that are Calculus-level or higher are accepted. No credit is awarded for Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Pre-Calculus, College Mathematics, etc.

3)   We do not offer transfer credit for ESL coursework or English classes taught specifically for international students.

4)   English composition classes taught outside the US or UK or at an international institution that does not hold a US regional accreditation are not eligible for transfer credit.

5)   Elective credit may be offered for Business related courses but generally the School of Business does not offer course credit for classes taken at non-AACSB accredited schools.

6)   We must have the sealed, official transcript sent to us directly from the original institution in order for us to award transfer credit. Credit will not be awarded from unofficial transcripts.

7)   Students must apply as transfer students at the time of admission if they have any previous university credit. If they do not, we consider this a violation of the academic honor code (as they are being dishonest about their academic history).

For students who attended universities outside of the US or that follow a non-US based curriculum, we will request a course-by-course evaluation from an outside credential evaluation agency like World Education Services ( or AACRAO ( Those are two recommended services, but the student can use any NACES ( recognized credential evaluation agency. The evaluation helps determine the US credit value of each course and allows us to award the appropriate amount of Mason credit for the coursework they completed.


10. My online application window is not working. How do I fix it?

The application window does not work properly if you closed the window without logging out. If that happens, it will work again one to two hours later. Please keep in mind that, before leaving the online application window, you should always log out first.


11. If I have questions regarding the admissions and enrollment process, whom should I contact?

For any inquiry regarding admissions and enrollment, please call 032-626-5021 or send an email to You can also message the GMU Korea Office of Admissions and Enrollment on KakaoTalk by connecting to us through this link:



Admissions – Application Documents


12. What is an “Official” transcript?

Official transcripts must be sent directly from your secondary school, college, university, or home institution attended in an official, sealed envelope with a stamp or signature from the appropriate administrative offices. An email from your high school or university account to our campus, which contains attached transcripts, recommendation letters, or other supplementary documents are considered official. Photocopies, scans, and faxed documents of transcripts sent by applicants are not official.

13. Where do I send my application documents?

All supplemental documents should be sent to one of either the Office of Admissions at George Mason University’s campus in Incheon, Korea or the US campus in Fairfax, Virginia.
Those addresses are:

인천시 연수구 송도문화로 119

한국조지메이슨대학교 빌딩 G 511호

Tel. +82-32-626-5021
Fax. +82-32-626-5402

George Mason University
Office of Admissions, MSN 3A4
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Tel. +1 703 – 993 – 2400
Fax. +1 703 – 993 – 4622


Admissions – Test Scores


14. Is SAT or ACT exam required for admission to George Mason University Korea?

No, all international students with a competitive high school curriculum and grade point average (as determined by the George Mason University Admissions Office) can be considered for admission without SAT or ACT scores. GED students are an exception.

 Click here for SAT Registration Information – U.S.
 Click here for ACT Registration Information – U.S.


15. Do I have to submit a TOEFL score?

If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate English language proficiency. To do so an applicant may present a satisfactory TOEFL, IELTS, SAT critical reading score or ACT reading score.

Click here for TOEFL Testing Locations and Dates (Korea)
Click here for IELTS Testing Locations and Dates


16. What are the Institution Codes for TOEFL/ SAT/ ACT?

TOEFL (5827)
SAT (5827)
ACT (4357)

For these exams, you should use the appropriate code and have your electronic-only score reports sent to the main campus of George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia when reporting those scores to us. For students taking the IELTS only, we do accept hard copies of those scores reports and those can be sent either to the Korea or the Fairfax campus.



Academics and Financial Aid

17. Is it mandatory for students to study abroad on the Fairfax, Virginia campus?

All GMU Korea students are expected to spend two semesters of study at the GMU main campus in Fairfax, Virginia. Students normally spend their sixth and seventh semesters of study on the Fairfax campus. If you do not spend two semesters on the Fairfax campus, you may experience difficulty in choosing and selecting the range of advanced coursework needed to graduate and that is offered on the main campus during those semesters.


18. What are classes like at GMU Korea?

All classes are taught in English and follows a United States university curriculum. Professors from the Fairfax campus come to GMU Korea every semester to teach various courses, which provides as a great academic opportunity to our students. GMU Korea students can also take courses at other universities on the Incheon Global Campus.


19. What is the ratio of students to professors?

The ratio of students to professors is 12:1. Many students maintain close relationship with their professors through academic advising and career mentoring assistance.


20. How diverse is the student body at George Mason University Korea?

There is a diverse student body with students coming to GMU Korea from 25 countries, including a large group of students from the U.S. Over 60 percent of our students have studied abroad, which makes the campus atmosphere vibrant and global.


21. Are student loans offered?

We do not offer student loans at present.


22. Are scholarships offered? If so, how can I receive it?

Yes, we offer Entrance scholarship and Enrollment scholarship. As for Entrance scholarship, the candidate is selected based on different factors such as GPA, extracurricular activities, potential, etc.  Candidates can receive from $1,000 to $15,000 per year. Emails go out to scholarship candidates, and candidates are to submit an essay and take an interview.


23. After students attend two semesters at the Fairfax Campus, are they allowed to stay there and complete their degree?

It is possible to spend more than two semesters at the Fairfax campus. However, scholarships are not granted to students enrolled at the main U.S. campus and students have to pay the tuition and fees rate appropriate to that campus.


Campus Life


24. Is it mandatory for students to live in the dorm?

It is not mandatory for students to live on campus. There are students who live nearby in Incheon and students who commute to GMU Korea from other cities, too.


25. What is the cost of the dormitory on the Korea campus?

Boarding expense for single room at GMU Korea is 1,500,000 Korean Won and the expense for a twin room is KRW 950,000. The cost is different according to the length of your stay, which you can view and price at the following link:


26. What student clubs and organizations can I join at GMU Korea?

There are a range of diverse clubs and organizations that students can join. Recently, those included the Sports Club, Music Club, Global Media Club, Volunteering Club, Model United Nations, Newspaper Club, Dance Club, and more.

For More Information


Click here if you would like to request more information and sign up for periodic updates.

For all other admissions-related inquiries, please use the following contact information: