College of Education and Human Development
Curriculum and Instruction, MEd
The Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and Exceptional Learners (TCLDEL) program prepares educators for careers in diverse classrooms around the world. Students enrolled in the Mason Korea program will receive a Master’s in Education in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in TCLDEL. Teachers can select a specialization in International English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Education, or Advanced International Baccalaureate (IB) Studies.
Visa for International Students
All undergraduate and graduate international applicants must be eligible to study with their visa at George Mason University Korea.
++ Dual citizen students with South Korean nationality may be subject to additional legal requirements;
Male dual citizen students with South Korean nationality may be subject to South Korea’s military requirements. Male dual citizen students with South Korean nationality must resolve dual citizenship military requirements with their current country of residence’s Embassy of the Republic of Korea.
Immigration for International Students
- Application form with passport photo (color; 3.5cm x 4.5cm; taken within the past six months) *The application is also available at the embassy, consulate, and Immigration Office
- One copy of your passport (bio-data page)
- Signed certificate of admission (provided by George Mason University Korea)
- George Mason University Korea business registration certificate (provided by George Mason University Korea)
- Letter of admission (provided by George Mason University Korea)
- Official transcript
- Application fee (varies according to country; $45 USD in the United States, cash or money order to “Embassy of Korea”)
- Valid passport
Proof of funding is required before George Mason University Korea will send you items 3, 4, and 5. Please read OIPS – Proof of Funding for more information. If your parents are sponsoring you financially, additional proof of your relationship may be required (e.g., copy of birth certificate). Additional Resources