Required Documents

1. A negative COVID-19 test (PCR) results

All travelers entering the Republic of Korea are required to submit pre-departure negative COVID-19 PRR test results upon arrival. A proof of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR) must be presented to the airline personnel when a passenger boards an aircraft. Boarding will not be permitted for foreign passengers without a negative COVID-19 test result issued within 48 hours. The test result should be submitted to the quarantine authorities upon their arrival in the ROK.

Incoming travelers with a non-Korean passports will be denied entry to Korea if their test result does not meet the requirements. Korean nationals whose test result does not meet the requirements will be required to stay at a quarantine facility designated by the Korean government for 7 days and will be charged KRW 120,000/day for the facility use.

The test needs to be based on nucleic acid amplification tests. PCR tests based on DNA amplification are valid; antigen/antibody detection tests are not valid. All forms of self-administered tests are not valid regardless of test type.

The result needs to be issued no earlier than 72 hours(3 days) before the departure date. Name, date of birth, test method, test date and result, date of issuance and name of testing center should be included in the result.

The test result issued from the testing organization agency at the country of departure must be original and in English (or Korean). If the result cannot be issued in English or Korean, supplemental translated certificates certifying the translation can be submitted along with the original PCR test result.

Children under the age of 6(at the time of arrival) may be exempted from the negative test result requirement if all of the accompanying persons traveling with the infant or child have submitted valid negative test results.

(KDCA)Pre-departure negative COVID-19 test result

(KDCA)FAQs for the pre-departure negative COVID-19 test result

2. Re-entry permit for long term residents

Foreigners who are long term residents(D-2, E-1, E-2, F-3 Visa holders) of the Republic of Korea (ROK) will be required to obtain a re-entry permit prior to departing for international travel. The permits are available at immigration offices( > Petition Application > e-Appliciation > RE-entry Permit(Single)). ①Passport, ②copy of alien registration, ③re-entry permit application, ④letter of explanation and ⑤consent for medical examination and submission of diagnosis before re-entry are required to get a re-entry permit. The cost is 24,800 won and the re-entry permit is valid for one year. Failure to apply for a re-entry permit prior to departure will result in the cancellation of the traveler’s ROK Alien Registration.

For detailed information on the proof of negative COVID-19 test (PCR) results or the re-entry permit, please call 1345 (ROK Immigration Contact Center) or visit the official website:

Please note that ROK immigration policies are subject to change with little advance notice.

Ministry of Justice: FAQ



1. KDCA:

2. Hikorea:

(Updated: 2022-01-18)