Click the button below to begin or complete your Online Application.
Click the button below to download Application Tips.
※ The application deadlines for Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 are respectively as follows;
– Application open: 9/6/2017
– Priority Deadline: 1/9/2018
– Regular Deadline: 1/31/2018
– Application open: 10/15/2017
– Priority Deadline: 5/1/2018
– Regular Deadline: 7/31/2018
※ Applicants to George Mason University Korea will be required to meet the same rigorous admission standards as those applying to Mason campuses in the United States. Prospective students are required to demonstrate strong academic potential and the ability to succeed in Mason’s challenging academic environment. The following materials must be submitted in order to apply for admission to GMU Korea:
- A completed online application form for GMU Korea and the application fee
- Official high school transcripts showing academic success in an academically demanding curriculum. A certified English translation must be submitted for any documents not already in English.
- Verification of English language proficiency (for exception, see language requirements below)
- Official SAT or ACT scores (Score Optional, see SAT/ACT Information below)
GMU Korea students may be considered for admission through George Mason University’s innovative score optional admission program. This program provides an opportunity for highly qualified applicants to be considered for admission without submitting SAT or ACT test scores. Admission to GMU Korea is a highly competitive process, and score optional candidates will each be considered on their own merits as demonstrated through a strong performance in a challenging academic curriculum. All test scores must be submitted directly to the Admissions Office from the testing agency. SAT / ACT test scores are valid for five years from the test date.
- TOEFL code: 5827
- SAT code: 5827
- ACT code: 4357
All applicants whose native language is not English are required to show proof of English language proficiency by satisfying one of the following language requirements:
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 or higher
- IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- SAT Critical Reading score of 500 or higher or an ACT-English score of 20 or higher
Patriot Plus Program (P.P.P)
GMU Korea offers an exciting one-year program specifically designed for academically qualified students who need additional English language assistance. Students must score at least 69 on their TOEFL iBT or 6.0 in their IELTS to qualify for the program. Students will receive extensive English language support during the first year of study while earning two full semesters of academic credit toward their Mason bachelor’s degree. Upon successful completion of the Patriot Plus Program, students will move directly into a full academic course load without any further testing required.
1. All test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, and ACT) must be submitted directly to the Admissions Office (Fairfax) from the testing agency.
2. All supporting documentation (official transcript, recommendation letter, etc.) must be sent to the Office of Admissions at either campus:
George Mason University
Office of Admissions
4400 University Drive, MSN 3A4
Fairfax, VA 22030 USA
Office: +1 703 993 2400 | Fax: +1 703 993 4622
George Mason University Korea Office of Admissions & Enrollment #G511
119 Songdomunhwa-ro, Yeonsu-gu
Incheon, Korea 21985
Office: 032 626 5021 | Fax: 032 626 5402
Immigration and Financial Support Documents:
Documentation for the Korean visa application will be required for non-Korean students after they have been admitted and made the decision to enroll at GMU Korea. Prospective Mason Korea students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are required to submit financial documentation verifying that they have sufficient funds to cover their education and living expenses for the required year (one year) of study at the Fairfax Campus before an official acceptance letter will be sent.
Click here for detailed international student visa information.
- Deposit : USD 500 (for those accepted students who commit and pay the deposit by the priority deadline, 1/9/18)
The Office of Admissions prefers all applicants to apply online at georgemasonuniversity.force.com. You may access the admission application at your convenience, 24 hours a day. The undergraduate application fee is currently $80 for online applications. All application fees are non-refundable.
Applicants who have completed their application are recommended to submit their scanned transcripts, supporting documents to email@example.com when sending their original documents to the Office of Admissions, George Mason in Fairfax. Writing down your G-number on top of document (enclosed) is recommended.
U.S. Military related applicants
- GMU, located right outside of Washington D.C., has a long tradition of being fully committed to the success of U.S. service members, veterans and their families
- GMU Korea fully accepts all service members and veterans tuition benefits, including GI Bill
For More Information
Office of Admissions & Enrollment
- Office: +82 32-626-5021
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org