Rules & Regulations

For international student, it is important to understand and comply with the laws and regulations of the country you are studying in. This includes following the rules and regulations set by your university, the immigration office, and other relevant authorities. Adhering to these rules not only ensures your safety and well-being but also helps you have a positive and fruitful academic experience in South Korea.


Rule 1. Maintain a valid alien registration card.
A valid alien registration card is crucial for maintaining legal status as an international student in Korea. If your ARC expires, you risk being classified as an illegal immigrant and facing penalties, including administrative holds, immigration interviews, fines, and deportation. To avoid these consequences, D-2 students should apply for an Extension of Stay at least two months before their ARC expires.

Rule 2. Report any changes to your passport information immediately to University Life.
If your passport is nearing its expiration date, renew it as soon as possible at the embassy or consulate of your home country. Keep in mind that some countries may require additional documents or fees for passport renewal, so research the requirements beforehand. A valid passport is essential for international travel and may be necessary for obtaining and maintaining valid immigration status in Korea.

Rule 3. Report any changes to your address to the immigration office.
Report any changes in your address within 15 days of moving in to avoid administrative penalties and fines.

Rule 4. Obtain a re-entry permit if leaving Korea for more than a year.
If you plan to leave Korea for more than a year, obtain a Re-Entry Permit from the immigration office. The permit is waived for leaves shorter than a year, and you may re-enter Korea as long as your ARC is valid.

Rule 5. Obtain a work permit for any off-campus employment positions.
Consult with the relevant authorities before signing any employment contract. Obtain a Work Permit from the immigration office for any off-campus employment positions.