Mason Systems for Students
New students at Mason are required to create an online credential called Patriot Pass that allows you to access a variety of Mason online systems. Patriot Pass assigns you a Net ID and allows you to create a password, together those make up your Patriot Pass credentials.
For first-time students, please click here to sign up for Patriot Pass. You need to put claim code into the system which is your date of birth in MMDDYY format.
Returning students who wish to reset a forgotten or expired Patriot Pass password, click here.
- The Patriot Pass is created 48-72 hours after you declared your intention to enroll at Mason and paid the enrollment deposit. If you were unable to create an account or unlock the limited access NetID (starting with 9) after 2-3 days, please contact Mason Korea ITS Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mason uses an online administrative system called Patriot Web to streamline student’s major academic activities. Students can access the system using Patriot Pass credentials.
- Class Search
Students can view schedule of classes.
* Log in to Patriot Web > Student Services > Registration > Search for Classes > Select Term > Advanced Search > Select all subjects > Set campus as ‘GMU Korea’ > Section Search
- Add/Drop Courses
Students can add or drop courses during the registration period.
* Log in to Patriot Web > Student Services > Registration > Register, Add or Drop classes
- View Grades
Grades are available for viewing through the Patriot Web.
* Log in to Patriot Web > Student Services > Student Records
> Midterm Evaluations or FinalGrades
- View Holds
A hold can be placed on account for students who did not fulfill certain requirements. The hold locks registration, having documents issued, and/or applying for graduation. Students can view holds through Patriot Web.
* Log in to Patriot Web > Student Services > Student Records > View Holds
- Official Transcript
Students can order their official transcript through Patriot Web.
* Log in to Patriot Web > Student Services > Student Records > Order Official Transcript
MasonLIVE is George Mason University’s email system for students. Mason uses electronic mail to provide official information to students. Examples of which include notices from the IGC IT center, notices about academic standings, financial aid information, class materials, assignments, questions, and instructor feedback. Students are responsible for keeping up to date on the content of university communication sent to their Mason e-mail account, and are required to activate that account and check it regularly. Students are also expected to maintain an active and accurate mailing address in order to receive communications sent through the mail.
For first-time students, please click here to sign up for MasonLIVE email account.
Returning students who wish to reset a forgotten or expired MasonLIVE password, click here. Active Patriot Pass credential is required.
* The MasonLIVE is created 48-72 hours after you declared your intention to enroll at Mason and paid the enrollment deposit. If you were unable to create an account after 2-3 days, please contact Mason Korea ITS Support Center at email@example.com.
MyMason (Blackboard) is a university-wide platform that delivers online or web-enhanced courses. The resource is available for all Mason students and instructor to enhance their teaching and learning process. Blackboard Courses provides a secure login system and tools to create and administer face-to-face and online courses. Some of these tools include discussion forums, student group areas, text-based and real-time chat, a gradebook for securely distributing grades to enrolled students, and assessment tools for administering quizzes and exams.
Courses are created during the first two weeks of registration to give faculty the opportunity to develop their courses before the semester starts. All Blackboard Courses users log in via MyMason. The username is the same as your Mason NetID. The password is the same as your Patriot Web. Passwords for Blackboard Courses can be changed at Patriot Pass.
- Course Folders: All course folders are automatically created based on class rosters in Patriot Web. You will not receive a course folder in Blackboard Courses until you are registered.
- Blackboard Courses FAQs for Students