Click the button below to begin or complete your Online Application.
Click the button below to download Application Tips.
1. Entrance Scholarship
GMU Korea offers Entrance Scholarships ranging from USD 1,000 to USD 15,000. Scholarships are renewable every semester for up to six semesters on the Korea campus as long as the recipient remains in good academic standing and maintains a GPA of 3.3. Entrance Scholarship candidates are selected at the point of admission and are required to follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Receive Scholarship Candidate Letter. (Candidates will be selected and their notification sent out at the point of admission)
- Step 2: Submit a one page single-spaced essay on “How a scholarship may help you succeed academically as well as personally” by the stated deadline in the letter. (Candidates are given approximately 12-15 days to submit essay)
- Step 3: Confirm interview time and participate in the final interview via Skype. (15-20 minutes)
Interviews will be coordinated after the student receives Entrance Scholarship candidacy (interviews may be scheduled between 2-4 weeks after notification of candidacy). Candidates will be considered by the scholarship committee based on the following factors holistically: GPA, essay, diversity, extracurricular activities, communication skills and final interview. Please note that the interview is an excellent opportunity for candidates to showcase who they are and why they are truly deserving of the scholarship. Candidates will be assessed from the Scholarship Review Committee and results will be given individually when awarded scholarship.
Please review the Entrance Scholarship Policy for more information.
IFRAME: There is iframe content being displayed here but your browser version does not support iframes. Please update your browser to its most recent version and try again.
** For previous students, please refer to the below version of the policy at the link: Former Entrance Scholarship Policy
2. Global Scholars Program Scholarship
George Mason University Korea’s Global Scholars Program is designed to provide high-achieving rising scholars with opportunities to pursue their educational interests and goals by working closely with faculty mentors and high-ranking university leaders.
Qualified students will receive significant financial and educational support throughout their tenure at George Mason University Korea.
- Global Scholars will receive substantial scholarship awards
- Global Scholars will attend monthly seminars with the President or his designee
- Global Scholars will be assigned a dedicated faculty who will provide research mentorship
- Global Scholars will be provided with valuable internship opportunities
- Global Scholars will participate in personalized educational opportunities
- Minimum of 3.50 GPA
- For International Students: TOEFL composite Score above 100 and /or ACT scores between 25-36 and/or SAT scores between 1250-1400
- For Korean Students: a TOEFL Composite score above 100 and/or Korean SAT in top 1-3 grade range
- 3 Letters of recommendation on behalf of applicants
- Written application essay from prospective participants
- May 15, 2018 for Fall 2018 (5 scholarships available)
- July 2, 2018 for Spring 2019 (5 Scholarships available)
- Up to 75% of annual tuition at GMUK will be covered by this scholarship.
- Not applicable to semester(s) spent in Fairfax.
Continued Eligibility Requirements
- Upon Receiving this scholarship, student must maintain or exceed a 3.5 GPA.
- Continuous Active standing within primary program of study offered at GMUK.
- Demonstrate continued engagement and participation in all aspects of the program during their tenure as a student.
- Remain in good academic and social standing with the university.
Applicants not selected for to the Global Scholars scholarship will be automatically considered for GMUK Entrance Scholarships.