A Resident Advisor (RA) is an academic-year student employee within the Office of Student Affairs that helps create and support a community of students within the residence halls at George Mason University Korea. RAs focus their time and energy on the residents of their community, ensuring that students have a healthy, safe, and supportive environment in which to learn and develop. RAs are expected to be visible in their communities and serve as available resources within their assigned residence hall. Resident Advisors will engage with residential students through peer-to-peer communication, implementation of residential curriculum initiatives, hosting interactive programs, etc. All Resident Advisors are supervised by the Office of Student Affairs.
The total number of scholarships is limited and the review process is highly competitive. The Scholarship award amount is USD$1000 tuition deduction and free accommodation from IGC Housing per semester
When selected as the Resident Advisor, each award will last for two consecutive semesters. The scholarship is applicable only towards semesters in residence at the George Mason University Korea campus.
The applicant must fulfill each of the following criteria:
- Be a continuing George Mason University Korea undergraduate student in good academic standing and free from any financial and administrative holds (Fairfax students are not eligible to apply).
- Have a Mason student ID (G#).
- Have a valid Mason email
- Have the minimum qualifying cumulative George Mason University Korea GPA of 2.5 at the time of the application
- Maintain enrollment under full time status (12 credits or more per semester) at GMU Korea for the supported scholarship year (Spring and Fall semesters only). Students are not allowed to take a leave from the university or register as a part time student during the duration of
- Submit the completed Resident Advisor application online
Applications will be reviewed by the Office of Student Affairs. Decisions made by the Office of Student Affairs are final.
- All candidates should complete Application Form online during the Application Period (Every May and November). The Application Period will be notified to students via email from email@example.com.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview within one week of the application deadline.
- Final decision will be shared to the selected candidate via MasonLive email.