Lockers allow students to keep their items safe as they attend classes, visit with friends, and eat.
Currently enrolled GMU students may rent lockers for a semester-long period and either return their locker at the end of their rental period or renew it for an additional semester.
If you have questions about the locker rental process or have a problem with your locker, contact the Office of Student Affairs at (032) 626-5050 or email@example.com.
Apply for Student Locker Rentals
Ways to Rent a Locker:
Visit the Office of Student Affairs (G414) from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, to rent your locker in person. Students who rent their locker in person must present their Mason ID in order to rent a locker.
Locker Rates & Payment Methods:
- Commuters: KRW 10,000
- On-Campus: KRW 15,000
Students must pay for their locker in person by visiting the Office of Student Affairs.
End of Semester/Renewal Process
- Students who do not renew their locker must empty their locker of all items no later than five business days after the date listed on their locker rental receipt. After that date, the Office of Student Affairs staff check the lockers for damage, collect any items left inside, and change the locker combinations of any lockers that have not been renewed.
- Students must renew their locker no later than 5 business days prior to the end of their rental period. Lockers can be renewed in person by visiting the Office of Student Affairs.
- Students must pay the aforementioned fee to renew their locker for the following semester.
- Students who renew their locker keep the same combination and maintain access to their locker through to the end of the following semester.
Retrieving Items Left Inside Lockers
- If you leave items in your locker after your rental period ends, please visit the Office of Student Affairs (G414) and give your locker number and a description of the items left inside your locker to the office staff. They will contact you when your items are available in the office to be picked up.
- You MUST come to the office in person to retrieve your items. The Office of Student Affairs cannot take requests to retrieve lost items over the phone or without a Mason ID.
- For health reasons, the Office of Student Affairs staff cannot keep any clothing or food items left inside un-renewed lockers at the end of the semester and these items will be discarded immediately if found.
- The Office of Student Affairs will keep locker items in storage for a maximum of 30 days into the next academic semester before discarding the items.
- If you lose your key, you will be charged KRW 3,000. You would be unable to rent the student locker for the next semester.
General Locker Terms & Conditions
- Students may share lockers, but ONLY the person to whom the locker is assigned can come to the office and get a copy of their combination, retrieve items left inside the locker, and get other locker assistance. Students can only request assistance for lockers registered in their name. The Office of Student Affairs recommends that to best ensure the security of your locker and locker contents, you only use the locker for yourself and do not share the combination with anyone.
- No refunds can be given for locker rentals, even if a student leaves Mason before the end of his or her rental period.
- Once a locker is rented, it cannot be exchanged for another unless the renter locker is malfunctioning. If you find that the locker you rented is malfunctioning, contact the Office of Student Affairs as soon as possible so that we may get the issue resolved quickly.
- Students can rent more than one locker per semester if they wish, but each locker will cost the respective fee listed above, even if rented at the same time and/or within the same semester.
- The Office of Student Affairs will not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of locker contents while inside of a reserved locker. This includes items damaged or lost due to break-ins or theft. Valuables left in your locker are left at your own risk. To better ensure the security of your items, do not share your combination with anyone.
- No illegal substances, weapons, or other prohibited, offensive, or dangerous materials are to be placed in lockers. Given reasonable cause, the Office of Student Affairs reserves the right to open and inspect lockers without notice to the student.
- Any item not secured in a locker may be discarded by Student Affairs staff. This includes any items left unsecured on top of or beside lockers or anywhere in the locker room.
- Damage to the lock or locker during your rental period will result in the loss of future locker privileges for at least a semester, associated with a financial penalty based on the amount of the damaged incurred. Failure to pay the financial penalty in timely manner twill result in a financial hold place don the student’s academic records
- Please bring any locker problems to the attention of Student Affairs immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (032) 626 -5050.
- Failure to abide by these conditions will result in the loss of locker privileges without refund of fees.
- Reference: https://studentcenters.gmu.edu/locker-rentals/