If you have graduated high school and attended a college or university you are considered a transfer applicant. Mason Korea has accepted transfer students who have attended university in the U.S., Korea, and other countries. The Office of Admissions works closely with students to determine the number of credits that will transfer into their Mason Korea degree program. For the spring 2015 semester, Mason Korea will offer a limited number of upper level courses. Most enrolled students are still completing their first two years of university. We encourage you to obtain a transfer credit evaluation from the Office of Admissions and work with the Student and Academic Affairs Department at Mason Korea for course advising before submitting an enrollment deposit to be sure that Mason Korea is the right fit for you. Applicants to George Mason University-Korea will be required to meet the same rigorous admission standards as those applying to Mason campuses in the United States. Prospective students are required to demonstrate strong academic potential and the ability to succeed in Mason’s challenging academic environment.
Transfer Application Procedures and Admission Requirements
Applicants to George Mason University|Korea will be required to meet the same rigorous admission standards as those applying to Mason campuses in the United States. Prospective students are required to demonstrate strong academic potential and the ability to succeed in Mason’s challenging academic environment.
The following materials must be submitted in order to apply for transfer admissions to Mason Korea
- A completed online application form for Mason Korea and the application fee
- Official university transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended showing a strong academic performance.
- If you have completed less than 30 university credits, you will be required to submit official high school transcripts and may be asked to submit SAT or ACT scores.
- Verification of English language proficiency (see language requirements below)
- If you attended a university that does not follow a US or Korean curriculum you will be required to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES (www.naces.org) recognized evaluation agency to aid with the transfer credit evaluation.
All applicants whose native language is not English are required to show proof of English language proficiency by satisfying one of the following language requirements:
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 or higher
- IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- SAT Critical Reading score of 500 or higher or an ACT-English score of 20 or higher
- Completion of English Composition I and English Composition II or the equivalent with a grade of C or higher at a regionally accredited US university.
Patriot Plus Program (P.P.P)
Mason Korea offers an exciting one-year program specifically designed for academically qualified students who need additional English language assistance. Students must score at least 69 on their TOEFL iBT or 6.0 in their IELTS to qualify for the program. Students will receive extensive English language support during the first year of study while earning two full semesters of academic credit toward their Mason bachelor’s degree. Upon successful completion of the Patriot Pathway Program, students will move directly into a full academic course load without any further testing required.
1. All test scores(TOEFL, IELTS, SAT and ACT) must be submitted directly to the Admissions Office(Fairfax) from the testing agency.
2. All supporting documentation(Official Transcript, Certificate of Graduation, Recommendation letter and etc.) must be sent to the Office of Admissions in either campus:
George Mason University
Office of Admissions
4400 University Drive, MSN 3A4
Fairfax, VA 22030 USA
Office: +1 703 993 2400 | Fax: +1 703 993 4622
George Mason University Korea
Office of Admissions & Enrollment, #511
119 Songdomunhwa-ro, Yeonsu-gu,
Office: 032 626 5021 | Fax: 032 626 5402
Immigration and Financial Support Documents:
Documentation for the Korean visa application will be required for non-Korean students after they have been admitted and made the decision to enroll at Mason Korea. Prospective Mason Korea students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are required to submit financial documentation verifying that they have sufficient funds to cover their education and living expenses for the required year (one year) of study at the Fairfax Campus before an official acceptance letter will be sent.
Click here for detailed international student visa information.
The Office of Admissions prefers all applicants to apply online at admissions.gmu.edu/applynow. You may access the admission application at your convenience, 24 hours a day. The undergraduate application fee is currently $80 for online applications. All application fees are non-refundable.
For More Information
Office of Enrollment and Marketing
- Office: +82 32-626-5021
- E-mail: email@example.com