Tuition & Fees
A college degree is one of the most valuable investments you can make, not only in your education, but also in helping you to obtain a promising career and future. As one of the best values in education, Mason Korea provides you with an affordable and wise college choice, academic quality, opportunities for top tier internships, and career networking that will assist you upon graduation. The Office of Finance and Planning calculates an estimated budget of the average educational costs associated with attending the university.
Mason Korea full-time students may pay tuition in installments under conditions. Please check out the following guideline.
Policy on the Payment of Tuition and Refunds
- Students are responsible for maintaining a current mailing address in their student record on Patriot Web (patriotweb.gmu.edu), and for activating and checking their George Mason University e-‐mail accounts to receive official university communications.
- By registering for classes, students accept responsibility for the semester Students are responsible for withdrawing from all classes that they do not intend to complete by the deadlines listed in the Academic Calendar. Students must confirm withdrawals and class drops, and full or partial liability may apply. George Mason University does not cancel classes for nonpayment or nonattendance.
- Refer to the Academic Calendar for payment due dates and tuition penalties for dropping classes after the start of the semester.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) limits the release of student information to parents or other third parties without the student’s written consent.
- Non-‐returning students are responsible for withdrawing from their courses for the semester and ensuring they do not have an outstanding balance on their account.
Tuition and fees at the Mason Korea campus are $20,000 (USD) for the current academic year. Mason Korea programs are designed to include one year of study at the Fairfax campus. Information on tuition and fees at the Fairfax campus may be found at the Fairfax Student Accounts Office. Note: Tuition at the Fairfax campus is subject to change.
Payment is due the first day of the semester.
Past due balances are subject to a late payment fee that is 5 percent of the balance due, up to $125. Registrations will not be canceled for nonpayment or nonattendance. Students must withdraw from all classes that they do not plan to complete by the payment due date to avoid the late payment fee on those classes.
Financial Good Standing; No Holds on Record
Financial good standing and a university record clear of holds are required for students to receive academic services. Services, including but not limited to transcript issuance, diploma release, and class registration (add, drop, withdrawal, etc.) will not be provided to students with a financial balance due or a hold of any kind on their record. Holds are based on outstanding obligations and may be financial.
Course Withdrawals and Refunds
A student who drops a course may be eligible for a full or partial refund, depending on when the course was dropped.
|Spring 2017||Fall 2017|
|Last Day to Add (Census)||Mon Mar 13||Last Day to Add (Census)||Mon Sept 4|
|Last Day to Drop with no tuition liability||Mon Mar 13||Last Day to Drop with no tuition liability||Mon Sept 4|
|Last Day to Drop with 33% tuition liability||Mon Mar 27||Last Day to Drop with 33% tuition liability||Mon Sept 18|
|Last Day to Drop with 67% tuition liability||Fri Apr 7||Last Day to Drop with 67% tuition liability||Fri Sept 29|
|Last Day of Class||Sat Jun 17||Last Day of Class||Sat Dec 9|
See the Mason Korea Academic Calendar for details. (https://masonkorea.gmu.edu/academic-calendar/)
Registrations will not be canceled for nonpayment or nonattendance. Students must withdraw from all classes that they do not plan to complete by the payment due date to avoid the late payment fee on those classes.