Checklist Before Coming to GMU Korea
The Office of Human Resources is dedicated to support faculty relocating from overseas. Here are some items to consider before your departure:
- Check health and other insurance coverage for you, your spouse, and other dependents. Please refer to the “Compensation” section.
- Review income tax policies in South Korea. Please refer to “Compensation” section.
- After finalizing the employment contract, ensure a signed copy is sent to your supervisor and the Office of Human Resources.
- Read the guidelines and prepare documents for your visa issuance confirmation number.
- Apply for the pertinent visa at your local South Korean Embassy.
- Send a copy of your issued visa to Office of Human Resources.
- Arrange temporary or permanent housing either on your own or through campus housing.
- Estimate the cost and arrange airfares and shipping.
- Prepare GMU Korea’s contact information and visa documents for entry into South Korea.
- Arrange or plan airport pick-up to your determined lodging before arrival.