Why George Mason University?
Choosing to pursue your educational goals at George Mason University’s (the “University”) Korea campus is more than simply deciding where you wish to earn a college degree. It is choosing to become part of an academic setting that will help you develop the kind of critical thinking skills you will need to examine, and ultimately help address, the world’s many challenges. The University’s Korea campus is a forward-thinking and highly diverse academic setting where students and faculty from across the world join together to create a stimulating environment.
Presently, select degree programs from the University’s acclaimed School of Business, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, and College of Visual and Performing Arts comprise the undergraduate academic programs offered at the Korea campus. Additionally, graduate degree programs are offered by the University’s Volgenau School of Engineering and Graduate School of Education.
All programs offered on the Korea campus adhere to the same rigorous standards of the main campus in Virginia to maintain exceptional academic quality and accreditation, with oversight by the University’s respective schools. Additionally, all non-foreign language courses are strictly taught in English, and all students will have the opportunity to attend classes for multiple semesters at the Fairfax, Virginia main campus, merely minutes away from Washington D.C.
Why Songdo, Incheon, South Korea?
- Songdo advantage—city of the future (green, international, and “smart”)
- Global companies and organizations in Songdo are looking for global talents
- DC area location of the main campus creates additional connections and opportunities
- Internship opportunities and potential careers nearby by both campuses and anywhere in the world
- Advanced career development programing (career clinic, career day events, and internships)
- MOU with organizations with internship opportunities in Korea and USA
Global Education Hub
- Share the same Incheon Global Campus (IGC) campus with other top universities from around the world
- Interacting with students not just within GMU Korea but also the whole IGC campus
- Top universities from Korea are our neighbors
- Course-sharing and collaborative educational programs with our IGC partner universities
- More opportunities to collaborate with others and to diversify students’ perspectives
- Cutting-edge new campus in Korea (green, modern, comfortable, and safe)
Why Study at Mason Korea?
- The Korea campus offers the same quality of American education at a more affordable price
- Students receive George Mason University credits, transcripts, and diplomas
- Three years at Songdo, and one year on the main campus, both near U.S. and Korea’s capital
- Student-centered education with a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Support students to obtain jobs or entry into graduate programs
Global and Diverse Student Body
- Talented and diverse student body with international and real-world experiences
- Ever-growing student body represents over 20 countries
- Mason’s faculty include renowned global leaders and experts, including former executives, Nobel Prize winners, and more
- Diverse faculty from across the world
- Main campus faculty deliver special courses and lectures at Mason Korea
Mason's Academic Rankings
- Carnegie Classification ranks George Mason University among the 115 most research-intensive institutions in the United States
- Highest Virginia employment rates and starting salaries upon graduation
- Most diverse campus in Virginia, ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- George Mason University is highly-ranked academically worldwide
- Top 200 according to Shanghai Jiaotong rankings
- Top 300 universities according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Top 70 public universities in the USA
- Top 75 economics program
- Top 50 global affairs program
- Top 5% AACSB business programs
- Top conflict analysis and resolutions programs