George Mason University Korea’s Executive Office is searching for applicants in a part time position as ‘Administrative Assistant’ (40 hours per week) to focus on operations of the office.
Under the general supervision of Manager of Executive Office, this position will ensure that the daily administrative and business operations run smoothly and effectively. The primary responsibility for this position is to manage daily administrative and operational duties in the Executive office, to administer and manage office supplies and school owned properties, and also to provide assistance to faculty & staff.
This is a temporary position for a maternity leave replacement. This role will run from the last week of August 2020 to end of May 2021 with possibility of renewal.
The specific duties of Administrative Assistant shall include to:
- Welcome and assist Executive Office visitors; providing a warm reception to those who visit, call, email, or otherwise contact to other relevant department.
- Facilitate or forward inquiries from parents, students, staff, faculty, and the public to the appropriate parties for a timely response.
- Upkeep of the Executive Office.
- Prepare monthly payments; related to purchase of supply/inventory and the Executive Office.
- Support purchasing, supply and inventory processes for office supplies and look for ways to minimize costs.
- Support GMU Korea owned property including van operation, official seals, and keys and so on.
- Draft official documents and maintain filing systems for official documents, data, and confidential information.
- Arrange and guide campus and local tours as needed.
- Support gift policy and procedures including purchasing, selecting, inventorying, and maintaining the gift log.
- Provide any necessary administrative support for faculty and staff.
- Support GMU Korea events in collaboration with other departments.
- Assist Manager of Executive Office and support general administrative activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree
- Excellent written and verbal English and Korean language skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite especially Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills, patience, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work in a self-motivated, self-directed fashion while serving as a member of the Executive team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and sensitive functions with discretion is needed
- Must demonstrate initiative and confidentiality while working in an environment subject to frequent interruptions.
- Highly ethical and motivated behavior is desirable
- Effective organizational and time-management skills.
- More than 1 year experience in similar administrative role is preferred
- Specific experience at University or international schools is an advantage
- Cover letter, Resume, and Three references
- Apply through the University website (https://masonkorea.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=28)
Applying information and related steps
- Applying period : July 06 through July 13
- Reviewing process : July 13 through July 20
- Interviewing process : July 20 through July 27
- Confirming finalist: August 03 2020 or before
- Contract process: August 03 2020 or before
- Onboarding process : August 03 through August 17
- Orientation and job training will start from August 24