1) Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships Development
Under the general supervision of the Chief Business Officer, the Associate Director of Strategic Partnerships Development expands the network of academic and employer relationships that support the University’s vision, by targeting, recruiting, and signing right-fit strategic partnerships. This position is responsible for the pursuit and signing of new national strategic partnerships, while supporting the pursuit of new strategic partnerships in GMU Korea.
This position reports to the Chief Business Officer.
- Target national/international strategic partnerships with right-fit University partners, associations, third-party alliances, and academic institutions.
- Project a professional presence and deliver presentations to potential partner organizations with the sales acumen in line with University policy and process
- Regularly monitor and review projects in order to ensure objectives and deliverables are met.
- Demonstrate thoughtful and appropriate time management in extending the vision, strategies and tactics required for profitable and sustained partner engagement and implementation across all assigned accounts.
- Develop and manage prospect pipeline and prospect pursuit strategy
- Collaborate all prospecting efforts with appropriate internal and external clients
- Develop and execute national/international GMU Korea hosted events in support of partnership pursuit efforts. Participation includes pre-event efforts to secure partner participation and marketing of the event to appropriate audiences, support the day-of activities and complete follow-up tasks.
- Participate in strategic planning, organizing, developing work processes, identifying and implementing improvements, and leading organizational impacting projects
- Develop University policies governing impact and partnership development and knowledge exchange in response to changes in legislation and/or to reflect best practice
- Interact with and support the efforts of a diverse team of individuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Business Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or related field
- 7+ years of experience in business development and strategic partnerships development in solution selling across internal and external corporate clients.
- Well networked in area of expertise, with an appreciation of related funding supporting knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrable partnership development skills and academic/industry collaboration either through experience in preferably higher education sector or from an industrial/commercial perspective.
- Experience of provision of high quality customer care to a wide range of internal and external corporate clients.
- Knowledge of general national/international policies for University how to exchange and experience of delivering support and development to academics in related market.
- Understands the national impact landscape and able to translate impact policies into operational plans.
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills that enable effective collaborations at all levels and which stimulate the trust, confidence and enthusiasm of the academic community, college and professional service staff, partner organizations and external bodies dealing with highly complex issues.
- Excellent computer literacy; for example use of excel, PowerPoint, and word.
- Demonstrable ability to lead the proposal development stage of collaborative projects.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents by firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter that explains your interest in the position and any other relevant experience;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- At least three references with full contact information. References will not be contacted without consent from applicants.
Application materials should be received by August 31, 2019 and review of materials will begin immediately thereafter.