Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender under any education program or activity receiving federal financial aid. Sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, and sexual exploitation are forms of sex discrimination.
George Mason University is committed to providing a learning, living, and working environment free from discrimination. Any gender-based discrimination, including sexual misconduct, which includes sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, relationship violence, and sexual exploitation, committed by George Mason students, staff, or faculty will not be tolerated. This applies to academic, educational, athletic, residential, and all other university operated and affiliated programs. George Mason encourages individuals who believe they have been sexually harassed, assaulted, or subjected to sexual misconduct by a Mason student or employee to seek assistance.
For more details about Title IX, please read What is Title IX?
Any student, faculty member, staff member, or applicant who has concerns about sex/gender discrimination or sexual misconduct is encouraged to seek the assistance of the Mason Korea Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Korea campus concerns, and the Title IX Coordinator for Virginia campus concerns. Contact us if you:
- Seek resources or need help on how to handle a situation
- Wish to understand your options if you think you may have encountered sex/gender discrimination or sexual misconduct (e.g., sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, sexual exploitation, relationship violence)
- Observe or learn of a situation that you feel may warrant a formal university investigation
- Seek guidance on possible informal remedies or administrative measures to de-escalate or alleviate a difficult situation
- Have questions about Mason’s policies and procedures
- Wish to inquire about interim remedies as they relate to your academics, your job, your living arrangements, or your travel to school
- Want to learn about No Contact Orders
or visit other offices to learn more.