Patriot Access Scholarship
George Mason University Korea awards Patriot Access Scholarship to students based on demonstrated financial need.
The scholarship is determined by family income and will cover the time students are studying on the Mason Korea campus. The scholarship will be subject to a yearly review of the student's family income to ensure that the amount provided remains appropriate. Students will receive the scholarship upon admission but continuing students may apply for the scholarship if they experience a change in their family income. Students who receive a Need-based Entrance Scholarship are eligible to apply.
- For the Spring 2024 semester, apply by January 04, 2024
To qualify for the Patriot Access Scholarship for Current Students, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have been admitted as a student at George Mason University Korea in a degree-seeking program;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be enrolled, or eligible to be enrolled during the semester for which the funding is being requested (no academic or conduct suspensions, or full academic withdrawals)
Please submit your online application by the deadline.
Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee.
Provide necessary supporting documentation in the online application:
- Completed MK FAFSA Worksheet
- Family Relation Certificate (부모 중 한 명의 가족관계 증명서) - under your parent's name to show the list of your siblings
- Unofficial Transcript
- Agreement of Collection and Usage of Personal Information
- Both parents' Health Insurance Payment Document 건강보험료납부확인서또는건강보험료산정내역서 (https://www.nhis.or.kr/)
- Please do not submit 건강보험 자격확인서
- Both parents' Certificates of Income (소득금액증명원), which can be downloaded from www.minwon.go.kr
- If you or your parents did not have income, Statement of Zero Income (무소득사실증명원; 사실증명-신고사실없음) which can be obtained by visiting the district tax office or at Hometax (www.hometax.gto.kr)
- Other financial documents such as 국민기초생활수급자증명서, 한부모가족 증명서, 장애인연금수급자 확인서, 자활근로자 확인사, etc. if applicable. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Retaining the Award
Scholarship recipients MUST resubmit their application and update their financial documents every 2 semesters. If a student was selected as a recipient of this scholarship, a student must meet the requirements specified below to retain his or her scholarship recipient status.
In order to retain one's scholarship recipient status, the recipient must;
- maintain enrollment under full-time status (12 credits or more per semester) at Mason Korea
- maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- provide proof of the financial difficulty
- The scholarship award amounts may change depending on the student's financial situation
Otherwise, the award will be forfeited. Please note that George Mason University reserves the right to rescind all or part of this scholarship if the student does not meet these requirements.
Please reach out to email@example.com or contact 032-626-5071 if you have any questions.