Stay Mason Korea Student Support Fund
The Stay Mason Student Support Fund assists matriculated George Mason students who are at risk of not continuing their education due to unexpected financial situations. The fund is for all full-time undergraduate students enrolled in degree-seeking programs while attending Mason Korea.
The Student Support Fund is designed to provide temporary, short-term, financial assistance to students who are managing demanding academic requirements while struggling with debilitating financial circumstances. The Student Support Fund is not intended to provide ongoing relief for recurring expenses, and the financial assistance is not a loan that is expected to be repaid. Usually, the total yearly budget is 5,000 USD, and no single student will be awarded the full amount.
Stay Mason Korea Student Support Fund will primarily be provided in the form of a tuition deduction.
- For the Stay Mason tuition deduction for Spring 2024, apply by January 04, 2024
- ** Ad-hoc committee meetings will be convened based on students' urgent needs.
To qualify for the Mason Korea Student Support Funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate unexpected financial emergency
- Have been admitted as a student at George Mason University Korea in a degree-seeking program;
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours of coursework at George Mason University Korea in their degree-seeking program;
- Be enrolled, or eligible to be enrolled during the semester for which the funding is being requested (no academic or conduct suspensions, or full academic withdrawals);
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as outlined in George Mason University’s policy*;
Satisfactory Academic Progress requires that undergraduate students maintain a 2.0 GPA and a 67% completion rate. For more information please review the policy at: https://www2.gmu.edu/admissions-aid/financial-aid/eligibility/satisfactory-academic-progress-policy
The Mason Korea Student Support Fund Committee will review applications. Decisions made by the Mason Korea Student Support Fund Committee are final.
- Provide necessary supporting documentation in the application:
- Unofficial Transcript
- Completed MK FAFSA Worksheet
- Certificate of Family Relations (부모 중 한 명의 가족관계 증명서) - under your parent's name to show the list of your siblings
- Certificates of Income (소득금액증명원) of both parents (or of parent/guardian who supports the applicant financially, which can be downloaded from www.minwon.go.kr
- If one or both of your parents did not have income, Statement of Zero Income (무소득사실증명원; 사실증명-신고사실없음) which can be obtained by visiting the district tax office or at Hometax (www.hometax.gto.kr)
- Both parents’ Certificate of Insurance Contributions Payment 건강/장기요양 보험료 납부 확인서
**Please do not submit 건강보험 자격확인서
- Other financial documents such as 국민기초생활수급자증명서, 한부모가족 증명서, 장애인연금수급자 확인서, 자활근로자 확인사, etc. if applicable.
- Financial Projection Form_Stay Mason
- Agreement of Collection and Usage of Personal Information
- Other supporting documents may be requested
- An interview may be requested by the committee
- The Committee makes a final decision on the amount awarded to the student.
- The student selected for the Fund will receive an official letter via email.
There is no guarantee that funding will be available for all applicants at any given semester and the university may discontinue this funding at any time. The Mason Korea Student Support Fund is not meant to provide long-term or full tuition relief. Students can be granted aid up to a maximum of three times. Priority will be given to students whose continued enrollment at George Mason University may be at risk because of unexpected and unforeseen events or expenses.
The number of students who can be served by the Mason Korea Student Support Fund is subject to the availability of funds. The fund may be sustained by continual contributions from alumni, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of the university.