Here are some ground rules for D-2 students.
Rule 1. Do not let your alien registration card expire.
- If your ARC is expired, you will be considered staying in Korea illegally.
- Apply for an Extension of Stay at least 2 months before its current expiry date.
- Read more about Extension of Stay.
Rule 2. Report immediately to the Mason Korea international services if your passport information has been changed.
- Renew your passport at the embassy of your home country if necessary
Rule 3. If you live off-campus in Korea, you must report to the immigration office and update your address
- If you move, complete the address change process within 15 days.
- Otherwise, you may be subjected to administrative penalties and fines.
Rule 4. Apply for a re-entry permit if you will leave Korea for more than a year.
Rule 5. You must obtain a work permit from the immigration office for any off-campus employment positions.
- Consult with me before signing any employment contract.
- Read more about Work Permit.