IGC Cross-Registration

In partnership with the universities on the Incheon Global Campus (IGC), students at Mason Korea campus can participate in a cross-registration program. This arrangement allows students to enroll in select courses at the other institutions on the IGC. The Office of Academic Affairs announces a list of courses available for students to enroll every semester. Please find more information from below and contact the Office of Academic Affairs at mkaa@gmu.edu for inquiries and/or forms.


General Policies and Guidelines

  • Students who are interested in cross-registration must schedule a meeting with your academic advisor:

    • Seunga Seo (sseo8@gmu.edu) - GAME, CONF, ECON, and GLOA students

    • Gloria Seo (gseo2@gmu.edu) - BUS students
    • Diane Kim (dkim228@gmu.edu) - CDS students

  • You may enroll in only one cross-registered course per semester. Lifetime limit for each student is 2 cross-registered courses.
  • This is not a Study Elsewhere opportunity. You do not need to pay host universities for these credits. You will be charged from GMU Korea Student Accounts based on the total number of credits in which you are enrolled at GMUK and at host universities (as if they were all GMUK credits). Any additional tuition amount necessary will be paid to GMUK as part of your normal tuition bill.
  • Unless an equivalent course is already specified, course equivalency check has not been completed and credit transfer is not guaranteed. Depending on your major, catalog year, and/or number of earned credits, certain courses will not transfer to GMU Korea.
  • Eligible students must be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher) and have no holds on their accounts. First semester students are not permitted to enroll but may do so after completing their first semester. PPP students are not eligible for cross-registration until they have been accepted for full matriculation at GMUK. Transfer students to GMUK are not permitted to cross-register in their first semester.
  • Priority enrollment is given to students from the host university.
  • Because of limits on some class sizes, application does not guarantee enrollment in the class.
  • Letter grades will be transferred back to Mason whenever applicable. There is no minimum grade required for grade transfer. Students’ transcript will be updated regardless of the grade the student receives.
  • Upon completion, students must submit to the George Mason University Office of the University Registrar an official transcript from the visited institution for all course work taken (translated if not in English). The official transcripts from the host institution must be mailed directly to George Mason University Korea, Office of Academic Affairs G536, 119-4 Songdomunhwa-ro, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon, Korea 21985 or you can order an official PDF transcript, if applicable, and have it delivered to mkaa@gmu.edu. There are fees to order an official transcript. For translation, please use a reputable organization such as AACRAO/WES
    (https://www.aacrao.org/who-we-are) or WES (http://www.wes.org/). There are fees for this service. If the official transcript is not received by the start of the following regular term, a hold will be placed on the student's account. Students cannot graduate when receipt of official transcript is still pending.

Apply Now!

or visit other offices to learn more.