Leave of Absence

All undergraduate students who are planning an absence from George Mason must submit a formal request for Leave of Absence to the Office of Academic Affairs.

Students do not need to complete the Leave of Absence form if they are participating in a George Mason University-sponsored study abroad program or have received permission to study elsewhere.

During the student’s leave period, it is the student’s responsibility to pay attention to changes in curricular activities, four-year plans, and class offerings on campus.

Apply Now!

or visit other offices to learn more.