Alien Registration

International students who arrive in Korea with a new D-2 visa must visit the local immigration office in person and apply for Alien Registration. The visit must be made within 90 days of arrival to the country. The failure to apply for the Alien Registration Card may result in legal penalties against the student. Upon completing the alien registration, you will receive your alien registration and period of sojourn.



To apply for Alien Registration, students must check in to the Office of International Student Services and meet the international student advisor within a week from their arrival. For the Alien Registration, students can visit the office on a walk-in basis. 

Please visit the International Student Services office with the following items. 

  1. Passport
  2. Passport photo (color; 3.5cm x 4.5cm; taken within the past six months) 
  3. D-2 visa document issued by the embassy
  4. Application fee (KRW 34,000)
  5. Certificate of off-campus residency (rental contract) *
    * applicable only to off-campus students.
  6. Proof of Negative Tuberculosis (TB) Test Result **
    ** applicable only to citizens in one of the following countries.

Angola, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Cambodia, China, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zimbabwe

The university will handle the collection and submission of student applications to the Incheon Immigration office. Once your application gets approved, you'll need to personally visit the Incheon immigration office to register your thumbprints. When the cards are ready, students will be notified to pick up their ARCs from the Mason Korea University Life office. The entire process may take around 6 - 8 weeks, subject to the workload of the Incheon immigration office.